What is Mold?
Mold is fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of fungi exist but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more. Mold grows best in warm, damp, and humid conditions spreading and reproducing by making spores. Mold spores can survive even in the harshest environmental conditions.
Over the last 20 years, mold contamination problems have been thrust into the national spotlight across the country. Mold exposure can have serious health implications to the health. Mold exposure has been linked to an extensive list of medical issues, including allergic reactions, respiratory ailments, nose & throat irritation, skin irritation, and permanent respiratory and nervous system deficiencies. Mold can be found in house, including in furniture, carpets, drywall, and upholstery. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that, “Most molds will not harm most people; however, some molds will affect any person and some people can be affected by any mold”. The very young (under 6 years old) and the elderly (over 60 years old) are most susceptible to mold exposure. People with severe allergies or lowered immunities can also have serious reactions to mold exposure.
Failure to properly address water intrusion that results in mold contamination on your Marshall property, can cause significantly more damage as mold and fungi grow. To deal with mold contamination, you need to have a professional mold removal and remediation company in Marshall NC extract the mold and properly treat the property. Don’t rely on the “expertise” of Non-Experts! The most common misconception for both black mold removal and mold removal in general is, “Just spray bleach on it”. However, bleach is comprised of 90% water and will not eliminate the problem and can make the situation worse.