What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungi that can be found both inside and outside of buildings. Mold thrives in warm, damp and humid environments, & spreads by releasing spores. These spores can survive even in harsh environmental conditions. The exact number of species of fungi is not known but it is estimated to be in the tens of thousands or possibly even up to three hundred thousand or more.
Over the last 20 years, mold contamination problems have been thrust into the national spotlight across the country. Mold exposure can have serious health implications to the health. Mold exposure has been linked to an extensive list of medical issues, including allergic reactions, respiratory ailments, nose & throat irritation, skin irritation, and permanent respiratory and nervous system deficiencies. Mold can be found in house, including in furniture, carpets, drywall, and upholstery. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that, “Most molds will not harm most people; however, some molds will affect any person and some people can be affected by any mold”. The very young (under 6 years old) and the elderly (over 60 years old) are most susceptible to mold exposure. People with severe allergies or lowered immunities can also have serious reactions to mold exposure.
Failure to properly address water intrusion that results in mold contamination on your Lake Lure property, can cause significantly more damage as mold and fungi grow. To deal with mold contamination, you need to have a professional mold removal and remediation company in Lake Lure NC extract the mold and properly treat the property. Don’t rely on the “expertise” of Non-Experts! The most common misconception for both black mold removal and mold removal in general is, “Just spray bleach on it”. However, bleach is comprised of 90% water and will not eliminate the problem and can make the situation worse.